Re: [Harp-L] Neck Rack

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:30:20 -0400
From: "Mike and Beverly Rogers" <mbrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Neck Rack
To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

>I'm finally succumbing to the need for a rack to use while playing the
guitar.
>i have an old hohner rack, that I've never been very happy with.  Probably
>why I never got into using one.  Could some of you, who use them regularly,
>give me your opinions and where to get a really good one?  I need something
>that doesn't distract me and dampen my already mediocre guitar skills.
>
>thanks in advance.
>Bullfrog

Hi Bullfrog,
  Most harp racks are much of a muchness.  However one that stands out, is
Vern Smith's Ergonomic Harp Rack
http://hands-free-chromatic.7p.com
  I have one, it is comfortable, has lots of adjustments to get it sitting
just right. Unbelievably it can actually hold a harmonica firmly in place,
so you don't have to chase after the harmonica as you apply any pressure.
I'm able to play tongue block on diatonic and dig into it. It even fits
chromatic harmonica, you can fit it with a 16 holer to play trad 3rd
position blues.
There's a review here
  http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/reviewscust.html#hfc
Cheers,