[Harp-L] Muddy's Harmonica Players

The classic Muddy Waters band line-up of the early 1950s had one of the most
influential sounds in blues in Chicago, and one of the key elements of the
Muddy Waters band sound - after Muddy's inimitable vocals - was the
harmonica. Read more from this cool article I found online at Delmark
Records written by Scott Dirks.

http://delmark.com/rhythm.muddys.htm

Delmark Records have produced some of the finest harmonica blues around. The
likes of Junior Wells early stuff still does it for me now. His very
uncluttered style was perfect and so soulful.

Founder / owner of Delmark Records, Bob Koester said of "Hoodoo Man
Blues," Junior Well's initial LP appearance, that "it is damn near the first
LP by a Chicago blues band. Chess and a few other labels had reissued 45's
by Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howling Wolf, Jimmy Reed, Elmore
James, etc. but virtually no one had tried to capture the Chicago blues
sound free of limitations of juke-box/airplay promotion. Delmark is proud of
the part Hoodoo Man Blues played in the popularization of the real Chicago
blues and of Junior Wells. But the credit belongs to Junior, Buddy (Guy),
Jack and Billy - they made the music. We just sat and dug it."

Nate
--
Blues is a Story - Let Me Tell Yours!
http://www.communityradio.co.nz/index.asp?PageID=2145835508