[Harp-L] 2 questions about amplification

Hi -
  I am a fairly experienced harp player (and have pretty good acoustic tone), but don`t consider myself an expert on amplification - here are two questions that I`d love some tips about from any of you harplers out there:
  1- I currently own a JT30 mic (with volume control) and a Fender Blues Junior amp. Can any one give me tips on the best way to adjust the settings to get a nice fat mellow "classic Chicago blues" sound from it?

  2-I remember seeing people mention using pre-amps or amp -simulators plugged into the PA to get that tube-amp tone (without having to carry the amp) - any recommendations on devices like that?

  I know that these subjects have been discussed in the past, so I`ll be glad to get replies offlist, too

  Thanks!

  Hammer