Re: [Harp-L] Re: MobiBlu Recording

then Garry Hodgson wrote:
> you might consider rethinking this, or at least asking around to
> see if any of your friends are bringing laptops you could upload
> to.  just in case.  it'd be a shame to miss out on something good
> late in the game because you found more to record than
> anticipated.  or to pass on something because you might need the
> space later.

Well, in principle, I agree with you that it would be better to be
prepared and not have to miss something.  But I did the math this
way: Based on the 96kbps voice recordings I did, I consume about 12k
bytes per second.  With a 2Gbyte capacity, I should be able to
record something on the order of 46+ hours over the (for me) three-
and-a-half-day event.  If limiting myself to 12 hours a day
liberates me from taking a computer as carry-on, I'm willing to risk
it.

Maybe the hotel will have a business center where I can upload the
files to my website via web2ftp, or email some of them to myself if
they're in manageable enough chunks.  I will certainly have the USB
cable with me.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps