Re: [Harp-L] was MOBIBLUE--now RCA LYRA to record your shows

Randy, thanks for the pointer.  I may just have to scrap my minidisc recorder!

-Phil in KC

----- Original Message ----
From: randy singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:14:57 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] was MOBIBLUE--now RCA LYRA to record your shows

I discovered a new way to record gigs for those on a tiny budget.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BK3YJI/102-4905028-9567324?
v=glance&n=172282

Although I love my Mobiblue recorder http://www.mobibluamerica.com/
b153.html, I could not pass up the opportunity to purchase  the RCA
Lyra model RD2312FM. I paid 35 dollars for it, which included a car
fm transmitter!!

This also has the line in feature. Like the MobiBlue,  I take a mix
from the stereo or headphone out of the mixer and go into this little
mp3 player and hit the record feature. Then, I plug it into my mac or
pc and it shows up on the desktop as a hard drive, drag the files over

It is better than the Mobiblue for these reasons
--super inexpensive!
--super easy interface, did not even need the manual (unlike the more
complex MobiBlue).
--easier to read the display,

It is worse than the Mobiblue for these reasons
--has only 256 internal memory (but can add a card for more)
--uses a AAA battery, shorter battery time

Something tells me garry is not going to be using one of these to
record the next spectacular jason ricci show, but
then again, he might...........):):

have fun,
listen to yourself

we have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much!!!!!!

peace harps

randy