Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Charlie McCoy - Orange Blossom Special

On Jul 26, 2006, at 9:44 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

Speaking of the best of Country and Charlie McCoy...here's the definitive
version of Orange Blossom Special...the camera comes in close, showing him
switching harps....just outrageous....no one can play it like he does. Just too
cool....I LOVE these YouTube videos....

Elizabeth _Click here: YouTube - Charlie McCoy "Orange Blossom
Special"_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_cT14JALaQ&NR)

In the past (example: Hee Haw) He was careful to hide harp switches. Now, he doesn't mind.
smo-joe

p.s. I have a video version by Eddie (flash) Gordon. It is 13 minutes long and he makes the harp sound just like a fiddle AND a train while he uses a violin bow in the crook of his left arm. I consider it a collector's item. Also check out Mike Stevens.