Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] More National Media Harp Exposure: Huey Lewis on GMA

For "Heart of Rock and Roll," he used a handmade Meisterklasses -
there was a very clear side shot and the profile was unmistakeable.

For "Workin" there wan't a clear shot, but there was a black plastic
comb poking out from his hand with a key labeled in white on the end,
suggesting a Big River.

He used a dark blue JT-30 style bullet mic, apparently into a tweed
Bassman that was just below the bass drum. I tried to determine if he
was playing wireless. Couldn't tell for sure, but I got the impression
he wasn't.

He made the comment about ending up as a harmonica player twice,
(partly in response to Diane Sawyer's outing him as a geek who had
gotten a perfect score - a perferct score, she emphasized - on his
math boards. Lewis replied that, yeah, he could have been a math
teacher but - and he held up the harmonica - instead I became a
harmonica player. He did this with a certain amount of self
deprecation but not with any deprecation toward the instrument.

Interesting that he did not refer to himself ans a singer, rock'n'roll
musican or anything else. Twice he referred to himself as a harmonica
player.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@...> wrote:

chad nordstrom wrote:
> Just saw Huey Lewis and the News on Good Morning America. They
> made a comment he had a perfect score in math on his college
> entrance exam. His response was "And I gave it all up to play
> the harmonica" (he then held up the harp to the camera). They
> then played " Workin' for a Livin' ."

What kind of harp was it?

-tim