Re: [Harp-L] re: how much do you get paid for a gig?

In a message dated 7/28/06 8:10:12 AM, leone@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Fats Waller once sold a tune (Ain't Misbehavin) for a good deli
> sandwich and a couple beers.
> smo-joe

 Willie Nelson sold the rights to Nightlife for a few bucks. I have made as
much as $100 for playing 3 songs and as little as, well, whatever I spent on
booze that night because I played for nothing.
I'm playing Saturday night with a local band, we have worked up half a dozen
songs. I went to 3 rehearsals, spent some time at it on my own, and I haven't
talked them about pay. I might get paid and I might not, but I'll have fun
either way.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb