[Harp-L] sitting in

I live on the beautiful mid north coast of Australia (coffs harbour,pop 55000).Not many great harp players pass through,missed out on Rod back in ' 89 when he played the byron bay blues fest,but had the fortune to be in the right place at the right time when Andy Just toured here with Tony Sarno around ' 98. A local music store where the owner was hip to blues had organized a promotional jam that afternoon. I and a buddy were there to catch it. Andy had turned up with no harps (fate I guess!), I just (no pun) happened to have a set in my bag and lent him a couple. After Andy and Tony had jammed a couple of tunes out Andy got me up. Thankfully I didn't disgrace myself but was relieved when I had finished. I knew of Andy's prowess on the harp and wanted to learn some so I hit him up for a lesson to which he obliged to the next morning in his motel room. Armed with my tape recorder and harps I learned heaps I still have the lesson on tape.I got him to show me some of his hot licks (slowed down) and he helped me in improving my harp and mic technique. his parting advice was "play who you are" Discovering Harp L was another leap forward for me, thanks guys! John OB