[Harp-L] re: sit in stories

I was at the Channel in South Boston in the 80s. John Lee Hooker was playing with Butterfield and Danko as the warm up band. Butterfield puts on a heck of an acoustic performance (he died a week later) then the power conveniently goes out for an hour. The bar can sell beer, but not make change and everyone is drinking heavy waiting for John Lee to come out. Well I was a little buzzed and a little ticked off worried about work the next day and worried about the subway closing so I got out my harp and just started playing. A very well dressed older black man came by sat at our table and listened politely for a good half an hour. The lights go on, John Lee Hooker takes the stage and the well dressed older man is the sax player. Very cool.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm