Re: [Harp-L] Why I love Playing for Free (+ sitting in)

New Age Slogan - "Find Your Passion and Follow It" -

Those of us who truly love playing music for its own rewards will eventually find the situations that bring the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Early along that path are situations in which you give more of your personal energy than you receive.

When you turn yourself on by creating, eventually others will feel the excitement. Those that can't do it themselves will bring their energy to you (often in the form of $ or opportunities that lead to it, the universal common denominator of energy exchange).

Gigs - Recordings - Studio Work - Benefit Shows - Sitting In - #1 Hits on Billboard - Fun - Low Pay/High Pay

It's all based on a simple premise. You co-create your own reality, by the way.

Mine is shaping up quite nicely, thank you.

The Iceman

ps - Last night I sat in at a final concert by a local Orlando new age band Omiza at an organic restaurant/coffee shop. What I added to the sound their sound was a new layer of excitement that lit up the musicians, audience and the employees of the coffee house. Results - wider exposure, other local touring musicians asking for my phone number, a lot of smiling faces on and off the bandstand, audience members telling me "I never knew a harmonica could sound like that" (Harmonica Awareness Ambassador) and an opportunity to introduce my Vegan Olive Tapenade to a new outlet. All of this would never have happened had I stayed at home practicing unless $100 was promised to me.