Re: Re: [Harp-L] Bending and tone

-----Original Message----- From: dlmurray@...

I'm choking the column of air to get the bend, and tone does change (suffer). So, how do you do those low bends without messing up your tone?

Peace and music,
Dave

The best advice I found when learning to bend the low holes is that you have to draw from and feel it around your belly button. If you don't feel your belly button when you draw on the low holes you aren't doing it right.

Once I learned to do this, I relearned all my bends using variations of this technique. It became much less a mouth thing and more of a "drawing" thing.

Pierre.