From: ludobeckers@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 3:07 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Musselwhite overblowing or alternate harptuning?

I just listened to Charlie Musselwhite's new cd Delta Hardware, and heard
something strange on the last track, Blues for Yesterday.
At 3'58 there's clearly an overblow 6 (G harp) Ãr an alternate tuning on the top
end of the harp.
It even sounds like a 7 overdraw, as a quick passing note, in the lick at 4'06.

I don't have the cd cover, since it's a review copy that strangely enough came
without booklet.
Maybe there's something in the liner notes about this?

I'm just curious because I know Charlie never got into ob-ing, and I'm not aware
that he ever used an alternate harp tuning.
Anyone heard about the old dog learning new tricks?

Ludo