Re: [Harp-L] sitting in

Wow......those were some really cool 'Sit in' stories and quite
inspirational!! Taj, Oskar, Muddy....whew!

Here's a short one, back in the 80's in NYC my band hosted a Blues Jam in
the Village.
The deal was if you wanted to 'Sit-in' you sign the yellow pad and come up
with a blues or r&b tune and we back you up!

Word got out on this Jam and many great musicians started coming down to
pick a blues and 'sit-in'....

One night Julian Lennon came up to me and bashfully said, " I Luv the band,
and would luv to sit in, but I don't know a blues....is 'Johnny B. Goode'
OK??? I looked at him and said, "Julian your DAD is the reason I'm playing
Harmonica, your his son, you can come up and play ANYTHING you like!" He
smiled came up and did a ripping version of the Chuck Berry Classic!!! I
also told him that I thought it was COOL that he had TOOTS play on his DEBUT
record,-)

You never know who's out there!,-)

harpfully,
rob 'the honeydripper' paparozzi