Re: [Harp-L] Recording tips

Thanks Tom.
When are you going to come and play in the North West UK?
Soon I hope. You have a lot of fans up here.

Paul
www.kingleyharp.co.uk

On 2 Jun 2006, at 21:32, Tom Ball wrote:

Paul asked:
I plan to go into the studio this year and record some tracks. I also plan to do some acoustic stuff at home using the Apple (Mac) GarageBand software to record it.

If anybody has any tips on mic placements, recording tips, pre / post effects, etc, that they could pass onto me I would be grateful.
-=-=-=-=-

Hi Paul,

Lots of good advice on recording the harmonica can be found in the 2002 article "The Taming of the Shrill." Highly recommended reading for any acoustic harp player looking to record. Here's the link: http://emusician.com/tutorials/emusic_taming_shrill/

cheers and good luck,

Tom Ball
http://www.tomball.us
http://www.tomballkennysultan.com