RE: [Harp-L] simple tunes[Take the A train--corner switching?]

J. Ross wrote:
 For instance, the head to the
Strayhorn (Ellington band) piece "Take the "A" Train" is, IMO, unplayable on diatonic and pretty close to it on chromatic (at speed).
---This is a tough tune on chromatic, for sure...at least for me,at my stage of development on the chro. I simply can't play it legato at a fast tempo. Just as you said, the intervals, the slide usage. Difficult...my present solution is to play it at a slower tempo...and, of course, I work on it.
---I will say that one solution I've fiddled with a bit is using corner switching, which I know how to do but am not fluent at; this makes the intervals in the beginning of the A section easier...anybody use corner switching on this tune?
WVa Bob