[Harp-L] re: Tea

There seems to be some confusion (well, several, as you'll see). I'm not jazmaan, rather, I'm me. I was quoting jazmaan in stuff before I responded to what you (Slim) had written.

"I still don't hear it the way you do, but nothing wrong with that."

Not at all. Indeed, the world's a much better place for everyone having their own tastes. Otherwise I'd never be able to listen to Sun Ra or Schoenberg due to the tastes of most people.

"Just wanted to point out that in the snippet below, you chopped off my sentence, and thereby lost the meaning. What I said was related only to interval jumps, not other musical aspects. We do agree on this point. "

Ah, I see. Sorry, (my confusion) I thought the part about interval jumps was a specific statement and the part proceeding a generic statement which ended with the "etc...". Sorry for the mis- interpretation. Then, yes, we do most certainly agree about the specifics.

"And, actually, if you listen to some Gary Burton recordings, he has been known to actually bend notes on the vibes, although I have no idea how he does it ;-)"

I do (well, I know how I've seen it done), and that's why I specifically said xylophone not vibraphone:). You can't do it on a xylophone unless you modify it significantly, and even then it wouldn't really work well.

Actually, it's not that the piece is all that hard on chromatic if taken at a slower pace (perhaps even slower than Toots'), but trying it at the speed Ellington first recorded it at is quite another matter. Again, I'll have to hear the Chris Bauer(sp) and see about that.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'