[Harp-L] Any "great" diatonic harp cases other than Fender/Hohner/Masterclass?

I owned a hard-shell Hohner case for years. My ONLY beef with that case
was the inability to carry anything but harps in it. I always had to
take a separate toolbox, etc. for my mics, cords, etc. As far as the
case itself, it was bulletproof for about ten years, until too many days
in a hot car caused the foam to start deteriorating and leaving blacks
dust in my harps. Didn't taste too swell, and would occasionally cause a
reed to stick.

My wife got me one of the Musician's Friend harp cases for my birthday a
couple years back. As with the Fender Mississippi Sax harp case, it is
lined with "fur" and not foam, and the shell is made of thin wood. It
has one latch as opposed to the Fender's two. It isn't "built like a
tank", as they say, but for local gigging, it does the job perfectly.
I've seen the Fender, and I wouldn't toss it down a flight of stairs
either. As I said, I've had it for a couple of years now. For 40 bucks,
if it broke in half tomorrow, I would feel like I got my money's worth.

It is modeled after the Fender case, but is slightly larger all the way
around. It holds 20 standard harps, (10 in the removable tray, 10 in the
bottom section) with "wiggle room" for Golden Melody and Hohner MS/Lee
Oskar-sized harps. The only drawback with this is that there are no
dividers between the harps. If you don't have 10 harps in the tray, your
harps could flip and slide when you carry the case. Of course, the same
is true with the $100 Fender case. This could be quickly fixed with a
piece of soft foam or a cloth folded up to fill the extra space.
Musician's Friend claims that there is room for two chromatics.
Actually, mine has one slot for a 16-hole (where the yellow cloth is
stashed in the picture). However, the "gadget compartment" is large
enough for my JT30, a Shaker back-up mic, a 15 foot cord, a Hohner 270
(in the plastic case) and my Kinder Anti-Feedback+ which measures about
3 inches by 6 inches. For most gigs where I am merely sitting in, this
case and my amp are all I need. Grab and go!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-Hardshell-Harmon
ica-Case?sku=545178

Hope this helps, e-mail me if I can tell you anything more.

John B.

Tallahassee, FL