[Harp-L] Pat Ramsey gig

. . . . since Pat's gig was only 54 miles away in
Levittown,Pa. I just had to take the night off from my
band and go say hello and see how he was doing. Sure
glad I did, he sounded great and was playing like a
man possessed, guess his new bride is making him
happy.
He wanted me to say thank you to all those that helped
him
in his time of need after the hurricane left him flat.
He said he has been wanting to send a thank you card
to everyone but just can't seem to find the time. He's
very sincere about the help and really really
appreciated it all.
 Interesting story at the gig. So for the opening song
Pat steps up to the vocal mic with harp mike in hand,
blows an opening on the harp mike and then goes to the
vocals and
Z A P, the blue flame from hell bites him hard. Well
it didn't slow him down because he's been there before
and so have I but it sure pisses you off. So then he
had to alter his playing technique and not hold the
mike while he was singing. I saw it but the sound man
didn't so I alerted him since I was standing right
there. The sound guys were vexed and didn't know what
it was and they later told me that they have been
having on going electrical problems for the last
couple of weeks. Well it wasn't hard to figure out and
it's a regular problem for a harp player. The harp amp
wasn't grounded. Well Mr Soundguy had all the reasons
in the world why turning off the amp, pulling the plug
and turning it around and plugging back in wouldn't
work until finally at the first set break I traced the
wire and BINGO, there it was. Looked like an extension
cord from the 1940's and the end going into the plug
was halfway pulled out and frayed. I'd say the ground
wire was broken, so he pulled the plug and reversed it
and no more sparks from hell.
Well it's an old fix but for those of you that don't
know it, I hope it helps you someday.
 So Pat is doing well and once again he sends his
heart felt thanks to all those that sent a
contribution in his time of need.
Stay Healthy,
Reach