RE: [Harp-L] Howard Levy-update

Re Randy Singer's forwarding of Howard's announcement below about his
new instructional video: Howard played me some of these pieces over
the phone a few weeks ago. Later he sent me the sheet music to one of
the tunes.

Even though they're instructional, the tunes sound like they'd be fun
to play and do not sound impossible to play - challenging, yes, both
technically and conceptually - both good things.

On top of that, the tunes I heard express an important concept that I
seldom hear talked about or utilized: the way that overblows lie on
the harmonica RELATIVE TO EACH OTHER. For instance, he exploits the Eb
minor arpeggio that lies naturally in the overblows in Holes 4, 5, and
6 on a C harp.

I'm looking forward to the release of this instructional work. I think
it will mark a real advancement in the state of the art for anyone
interested in using extended technqiues on the harmonica.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, randy singer <randy@...>
>            For those of you who wonder what I've been up to
> recently- I wrote 9 new compositions for a new harmonica
> instructional video filmed at my house by my webmaster Chris
> Sampson with filmmaker Otis Maclay. They are in 9 keys, and I
> played them on a C harmonica for the sake of music theory. There is
> an Indian - style piece in Db, a Spanish tune in Ebm, a swing tune
> in E, a Klezmer- style piece in Fm, a Tango in F#m, a funk tune in
> Abm, a bossa in A, a bluesy swing tune in B, and some Blues in C
> and Bb.
<rest snipped>