Re: [Harp-L] Using a cup or glass

On Jun 12, 2006, at 9:52 PM, samblancato wrote:

On Kim Wilson's, "My Blues" CD he use a tin cup or a glass of some sort for
effect on a couple of songs and I was wondering where he got this idea; who
originally did this. I was also wondering if there is a particular cup or
glass that works best for this.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh

_In an ancient Hohner catalogue, there is a picture of a man playing into a wine glass and the caption reads something like "playing into a glass can give a beautiful tone". Since the mid 50s I have used a metal measuring cup. Cheap aluminum. The cheaper the better. Beacuse: the thinner the better. Cups & glasses have been used for over 150 years.
smokey-joe