Re: [Harp-L] Using a cup or glass

Both Sonnyboy Williamson and Walter Horton(who I personally saw do it) used a
glass for effect. Since these are guys who both spent sometime playing with
Robert Johnson(the 1930's) I would say they we're both some of the first
players to use this effect.

Willie Dixon said that Big Walter would cut the bottom off a tin can and make the harmonica sound like a horn.

This is pretty cool -- DeFord Bailey using a homemade megaphone:
http://www.pbs.org/deford/music/style.html

There was a harmonica made in the early 1900s that had a horn attachment on it. Every once in a while one will show up on Ebay. I can't find a picture of it now.

Tom