-----Original Message-----
From: George Brooks [mailto:gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx]
>The technique is better understood now, and the harmonicas are vastly
improved.  I know several people who can cleanly articulate the Eb
minor triad in the middle register.  If that's old hat to you by now,
here is something truly challenging to try.  I have been working lately
on playing various scales and arpeggios over the full range of the
harmonica.  Have a go at arpeggiating an Eb minor chord  beginning on
hole 1 and extending it all the way to hole 10.  Here's the mechanics:

1OB (Eb)
2 Draw half-step bend (Gb)
3 Draw half-step bend (Bb)
4 Draw bend	(Db)
5 Draw (F)
6 Draw bend (Ab)
7 Blow (C)
8 Blow bend (Eb)
9 Blow bend (Gb)
10 Blow whole step bend (Bb)
10 OD (Db)

Noter the minimal number of breath direction changes, especially if you
leave off the 10 OD.  There are 5 (!) draw notes in a row, followed by
4 blow notes, and, if one leaves out the 10 OD, there is exactly one
note per hole and no skipped holes.

I played this for Chris Michalek over the phone.  He said my 1OB was
flat, and he was right.  Back to work!