Re: [Harp-L] RE: Stupid volumes and egos

Maybe we who realize how ridiculous this volume thing is need to
re-educate the public.

Sometimes I think the audience just thinks this is the way it needs to
be because they don't know any different.

I think maybe deaf sound guys may have something to do with it too.

There used to be this sound guy at a big club - a slob who looked like
he had slept in his clothes and just rolled out of bed, pants always
half way falling down, and he seemed to be pretty much on his 13th or
14th beer.

Here are musicians on stage who have worked their whole lives on
perfecting their sound and now, at the moment of the performance, it
has to be filtered through this sound guy's perception.

I know this is just ONE guy - but it's how I picture the
"quintessential bad sound guy" now.  On the other hand, a great sound
guy is a TREASURE!

Poor vocalists!  Heck, I used to play trombone and I couldn't hear
myself with some groups.  Ridiculous!!!