Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Digitech Vx400 users aboard?

On Jun 15, 2006, at 5:10 AM, Ludo Beckers wrote:

I know there's a line-in jack (in the back), but with the one mike I tried it didn't work.
I'll try another mike tonight.

and Bill wrote: <<I tried experimenting with a Green Bullet or an Astatic into the 1/4 inch input and the Shure 57 into the XLR input. But I couldn't really get one gain setting on the back of the unit that would work with both mics. And it's not in a spot where you want to be messing with it on the fly. <

i did a full band gig last nite, we did everything from jazz standards to fusion to hard core blues.

I was armed with my vx400............and TWO mikes.

Both mikes with volume controls into the unit simultaneously. My audix fireball and my custom turner/sure mike ,

when I was using one, I had the other turned off at the volume control on the mike ( I could have also used a switchable mike cable).

for the clean stuff, my harp was supersonic clean. For the dirty stuff, I picked up my custom turner/sure mike from mr microphone and sounded like little walter with a bad attitude. The band was totally impressed.

both mikes, using the same settings on the vx and the same adjustment on the input trim level!!!!!!!!! The output of both mikes was identical.

It was effortless, totally the transition.

all my effects were stacked. No feedback all night.

also, I could have dialed in some distortion effects and used one mike, (i also have the rp 200), but I like the natural distortion I get from having it come from the distortion mike instead of digitally. It is like having two guitars with 2 different sounds.

if you need my help, call me sometime.

randy singer