[Harp-L] Herbie Hancock with Stevie - Gershwin's World - review

Been listening to this Herbie Hancock CD for a few weeks now and its just too good to pass up if you like Jazz.

Not at all what I expected, from a Gershwin inspired CD, these are not the usual standards played in the usual way.

Joni Mitchell sings on a couple of tracks and again its not at all what you'd expect, trust me, you will not believe your ears - fabulous.

Harp content - Stevie plays on a couple of tracks, not his best work, but passable. Its hard to be good besides Herbie.

I often wonder how some Jazz artist get famous given that there are so many other great "unknowns", but when I listen to this CD I am just awed by the performance and there is no wonder how he made it.

Now make sure you forget the raves before you play this CD or it will taint the performance.

For a proper review:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:cyc8b5n4msq4

Enjoy,

Pierre.