[Harp-L] new recorder available

i recorded my show off the board (using the line in) this evening with the new mobiBLUE 153 recorder. The quality is incredible.-( i used the 192 bitrate.)

i am super happy.

Plus I did some experimentation and did an a-b comparison of a cd and the same recorded cd with the MobiBLUE.

I hear very little difference.

the price is so low, it is hard to say NO.

best,

randy

ps

yes, the internal mike could better, but good enough for ducumentaion.

---- "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the audio purists among us there is ANOTHER "new music recorder available". The Edirol R-09
is shipping (although there may still be a short wait list.)

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=ED- R-09

It sells for $399 and is receiving very favorable reviews from the Taper/Trader community. It's
said to be much easier to use than its closest competitor, the M- Audio Microtrack and with much
longer battery life (although its street cost is about $100 more.)

The device that Randy posted about looks cute for the price, size and battery life, but when it
says "voice recorder" I'm pretty sure that's a euphemism for 8-bit sound which in my experience,
is less than satisfactory for harp.