[Harp-L] Hard vs soft playing

Hi!
I have just started to play more and more old-time tunes, great fun. I have however encountered a problem. I started out as a blues player and I use my diaphraghm quite alot when I play. This is quite stressful when doing alot of fast in/out breathing, as required in old-time stuff.
I have recently done a hernia operation and can clearly feel that I am using my diaphraghm too much for this type of music. I remember Mark Graham talking about this at a teach-in at SPAH, but I don´t know how to ease up on my playing.

Does anyone have any good advice?

Thanks,
Mikael Backman

Mikael Bäckman Floragatan 8 941 51 Pitea Sweden harp@xxxxxxxxxxx http://ramblinminds.com/