Re: [Harp-L] Query re mic

I use a Beta 58 for vocals and it's a night and day improvement from the standard SM58. It has much
more punch and clarity. We've done gigs where I had a SM hooked up and as soon as I started singing
I could tell the difference and immediately grabbed the bass players mic stand with the Beta on it. I sometimes
play through the vocal mic and the harp is much punchier through the Beta. I've never taken the mic off
of the stand to play however so I can only compare playing acoustic through the mic on the stand.

Scooter

Hi Harpers -- I read reviews of the "Shure Beta 57A " Microphones.
The reviews all praising the beta model are from other than harp players.
I'd like to read some harp players remarks. US Price I see is $139.oo. KB
(Does the term 'beta' indicate 'new & experimental' ??)