Re: [Harp-L] Walter Horton movie

Regarding Walter Horton, I've always wondered (maybe in vain!) what
the likes of Walter Horton and Little Walter and Sonny Boy Williamson
2 would have played if they had survived life into the naughties, ie.
2006.

I'm listening to Charlie Musselwhite's latest album, "Delta Hareware"
and think his harmonica playing sounds like it always has BUT the
music he's set it to is different to his other albums. He even uses a
drum and bass loop in one of his songs. I've read liner notes from Lee
Sankey's album where he claims Little Walter would have done the same
- used drum and bass loops. Quite frankly, I love it when I hear blues
styled harmonica set to modern or non-blues music. I've heard
fantastic soloing in house music, reggae music, jazz, and rock.

Anyways, regarding that Walter Horton video...the sound quality is
great, isn't it. Is it amazing to you that the mic picks him up so
clearly, hes quite a distance from it at times. Maybe hes just
lip-syncing (sp?) .
Nate

-- Blues is a Story - Let Me Tell Yours! http://www.communityradio.co.nz/index.asp?PageID=2145835508