Subject: [Harp-L] Re: SPAH informal XB-40 seminar?

Actually I think I began this whole thing by my mention of Harp-L'ers
meeting last year "at the Bar with Michael Polesky with his Renny"....and  realized
later that Jazmaan took that to mean Michael was playing the  instrument.
Actually Michael had only mentioned the Renny  as a means of identification  :)

 However Jazmaan's suggestion of an informal XB "seminar"  sounded fine....so
I didn't bother correcting the misinformation.

Now Winslow's idea of setting it up as an actual XB gathering  makes SO much
more sense..last year I was one of only two people who sat  at his table when
he demonstrated the XB...and I know so many more people  would love to hear it
played, learn more about it.  Winslow's an  absolute whiz on the
XB....hearing him play it ...and then a chromatic at  the Blues Jams is something else as
well.  So why not a set-up where  everyone who is remotely interested in this
intriguing instrument gathers  at a specific time.  Definitely not at the Bar,
 tho.    I like the teach-in suggestion far better.

Elizabeth

......"I'll be holding down a seminar table at the teach-in. One  possibility
would be to gather at my table at a determined time to  specifically
discuss XB matters, including the XB-melody  tuning.

Winslow