[Harp-L] Hole 3 bb

The hole 3 dubble draw bend is, I gather, in contemporary parlance rightly described as a "challenge", which means difficult. At the same time it´s one of the greatest sounding -- when hit correctly -- notes on the diatonic, with it´s somewhat flugelhorn- like character.
    Strangely I have always found this 3 draw bb to be more accessible as a root note (4th pos) than as, say, a 5th, in 3d pos. Strangely becausee this goes contrary to my intuition which says that the 5th (and 3d) notes in the afro-american idiom (and celtic and what have you) are the most negotiable as for pitch accuracy, at least when approaching them "from below" and that´s where you mostly come from, isn´t it? (This is not only my "intuition" btw).
    Does anyone recognize this -- and can provide a reason for it? Playing melodies in 3d or 12th pos in the first octave is notoriously difficult -- and I´ve even heard Howard L. make a poor job of it!
  Cheers,
  Martin