[Harp-L] RE: William Clarke

Hi -

On "The Boss", William clarke quotes a lot of riffs
from tenor saxman Willis Jackson....mostly from the
song "Gator's Tail" aka "The Gator Jumps" on some
printings. Originally on the Prestige LP "Blue Gator".
I believe it has been re-issued on CD, as part the
"Legends of Acid Jazz" series...the self-titled issue.

And "Blowin'..." is 3rd position diatonic on a G harp.
One of my favorite harp instrumentals ever. The
original recording from Clarke's "Tip of the Top" LP
(also now hard to find on CD) is much better in my
opinion.

-Dennis Gruenling
www.dennisgruenling.com