[Harp-L] Modeling Amp vs. Real Amp

From what I gather on the web, if one want a good approximation of the
Chicago Blues effect, the emulators (ala POD-II, V-Amp) are good enough. However, what if I use amps mainly to boost the volume to the harp? (In fact, do I even need amps if that's all I want, considering I can just feed into a PA system?)

Also, I am deciding between Behringer V-AmpII and X-V-Amp. Which one would be better for the context of playing?