From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Sylvia & Fred
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 3:45 PM
To: harp-l
Cc: EdnDoris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Help please

EdnDoris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote
"Okay, Folks...    I'm still trying to understand positions, etc. with
the harp.  I've just tabbed out "Silver Threads and Golden Needles,"
like this:
  6    -5    5          -4    5     -4       5    6
Sil  ver threads  and  gol    den  nee dles....
Now, my question is, using a C - harp  what key am I playing in ?"

Ed,
Playing out the melody, I finally get to the root note at the end, and
it turns out to be a 4 blow (er..exhale).   Thus you are in 1st
position.  4 blow = C on a C harp, i.e. you are in the key of C.  There
may be a different way of doing it, but it is clear to my ear that this
ends on the root (as do most songs).
Fred S