[Harp-L] Goin' to Church W/ Jason Ricci

Last night I had the pleasure of hitching a ride with Eliz & Fred for the 2+
hour drive to NJ to see Jason & New Blood do a benefit gig for Habitat for
Humanity. Also got to meet Gary H. & Zig from the list as well as old friend
Reach.

The Unitarian Church was full of great people and positive energy. God was
smiling down on the event for sure. What a joy to hear the band in a non bar
situation. Jason was blowing like a possessed madman. This was surely not
the devils music and was being done in a very appropriate venue! This was my
first chance to catch Buck Weed the new bass player. Wow,a perfect fit with
monster groove.works well with the band, seemed like he had been with them
for years.  Steve the drummer continuously shows his veteran chops. He
doesn't bang those drums he makes love to them. Shawn the guitar player gets
better every time I hear him...he was beyond good last night. He is every
bit a star on his guitar as Jason is on harp. These two guys really work
together as one in seamless fashion.

Thank you Gary H. for sharing your wonderful heart and spirit by putting
that show together. You belong to a great / beautiful church with awesome
members. Habitat is a wonderful organization and you have done them proud. I
am sure that every dime donated will be well spent. My prayers go out to
those awesome high schoolers who are giving up their time and energy to
benefit others in need. Good stuff baby, god stuff.

Please get out to see Jason & NB when they are in your neck of the woods.
This long grueling tour isn't getting them rich I promise you. They can use
your support as well as your dollars. Purchasing T-Shirts, hats, CD's etc
put money in the gas tank as well as food in their belly's. I can only hope
that some big time entity wakes up and sees the mega-potential of this band.
They could use a break. They deserve a break.

Warren Bee