[Harp-L] J. Geils

Magic Dick is and always has been one of the most innovative players ever.  Not only is his work on the early Geils material some of the best in terms a departure from the standard Chicago diatonic style playing, the later material is simply groundbreaking.  Dicks playing on last Geils release, You're Gettin Even While I'm Gettin Odd" presents some the most invocative and far reaching diatonic jazz ever. (I don't believe the magic harps had been formulated at that time). Unfortunately, that work has never been released  on CD.

Jon D. Clark