Re: [Harp-L] JJ tubes

I bought a set of (4) JJ Tesla 6L6 power tubes for my Sonny Jr 2 as a back-up to the NOS Jan Philips that came with it. I like the JJs. They are strong and although I use the Jan Philips with the amp when playing in clubs, I use the Teslas in the studio. To me, the JJs  sounded just a hair less "sharp" than the Philips did on the test recording. I'm sure that nobody else on the planet would notice the difference except for the other gear junkies on this list. My wife's running comments about my hearing (or is that "listening"?)  probably won't suppport my opinion any either ;0)

-------------- Original message from "samblancato" <samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------