Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tom Morgan

Well, I think Tommy Morgan is a VERY good harmonica player...
About three or four years ago I was brought in to play the Tommy  Morgan
chromatic harmonica parts with "The Carpenters UK" a Carpenters tribute  band...
A  20+ piece orchestra (Depending on venue), over here  in England.
I listened to the original recordings, and I'd never heard Tommy Morgan's
playing before. His playing is very good indeed. I particularly like the  way he
played "Rainy Days and Mondays", one of "The Carpenters" hits from a  while
ago.
OK in the past 3 years I've played a lot of "Carpenters" style music...
Quite a change from my usual blues, jazz, rock and Gospel!
But I must give full respect to the "Main Man" Tommy Morgan who  recorded the
original parts on his chromatic harmonica back in the '70s and  early '80s...
Best wishes,
John Walden
London
England