    * To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
    * Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Sign Butter into Rock and Roll hall of Fame!!!!
    * From: "Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    * Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:53:12 -0600

Sorry to rain on the parade, but online petitions are worthless, period,
especially in this case because the hall of fame inductees are chosen by a
selection panel, not by popular demand.

Furthermore, Fred Durst is NOT in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  He's not
even eligible; you can't be inducted until at least 25 years after the
release of your first record.

I think Butterfield deserves to join those ranks and surely will some day,
but there are surely more productive things you could do to encourage the
committee to choose him.  For starters, try writing a letter to the Hall of
Fame or encouraging music publications to editorialize on his omission.

Jonathan Metts

MY RESPONSE

Ok John you got me on Fred Durst thing but his base ball HAT REALLY is in
the hall of fame I saw it in Cleveland baby!...Besides you get that point,
right? Second I don't think ( Not Sure ) Gabriel or Salli Butterfield would
"Waste Time" doing something totally unproductive and Knowing Gabe
personally I can at least assure you many letters have already been written
and many high praises have already been sang by the likes of Maria Malduar,
Bonnie Raite and others to some of the "right" people both in person and in
writing.... You should at least check out the site. I am sure That Gabriel
and Salli are pursuing more formal methods as well...So in the words of
Muddy Waters "Sail On".