Re: [Harp-L] Behringer DSP1142 Feedback Destroyer

Joe Ferbeats wrote:
<      I recently acquired a Behringer rack-mountable Feedback destroyer ... has
<anyone used this device?  How does it affect the harmonica signal?  The unit also
<has a parametric EQ function.  Any advice and or "feedback" (all puns
<intended!) would be most appreciated!

I've never used this device, but a quick check at harmonycentral.com's effects database turned up a lot of reviews.  The reviews seem to be either very positive or very negative, nothing in between.   One of the most positive reviews was from a Norwegian band with a harp player.

Reviewers seem to agree that it takes time to learn to use this device properly.  The most disappointed reviewers seemed to be the ones who were hoping for magic out of the box.  Alas, don't we all.  Positive reviewers seem to agree that you'd better read the manual carefully if you want to get good results from this unit.

As a general comment, everyone should check harmonycentral.com's reviews before buying any piece of gear.  Really.  I do, and it's saved me a lot of money on gear.  And after you've had a piece of gear for awhile, do everyone in the world a favor and post your own review to harmonycentral.com.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com