[Harp-L] "I am looking for a chord harmonica player to write articles in The Harmonica Educator publication"

I am forwarding this request for a chord harmonica player/writer from richard martin of the Harmonica Educator. His email address is
Ri58066217@xxxxxxx

Subject: Re: Chord Harmonica Articles for The Harmonica Educator Periodical

Dear Randy,

Dick Gardner (who is a friend of mine), suggested that I contact you. I am looking for a chord harmonica player to write articles in The Harmonica Educator publication. I am Editor and Publisher of the periodical.  I usually give a free subscription to the publication, in return for 4 articles per year. The articles can be 1 to 5 pages with any graphic and photographs.  You can email me the text of any article, and mail me the graphics and photographs. I would like articles starting with basic information for Beginning and Intermediate level players. Then, the article can progress to more advanced technique articles for advanced level chord players. The column can be called, “Chord Harmonica Playing: Musicianship and Performance Skills.” Some of the article can be about other chord type harmonicas (e.g., Vineta, etc.).

If you decide to write for the publication, I will mail you the current Winter 2006 issue (77 pages). This will show you the style of writing and the content of material and music published in the periodical. I will need your home mailing address and telephone number.

Below is information about The Harmonica Educator

The Harmonica Educator periodical is mailed to readers worldwide. This publication is a professional type publication for harmonica teachers and harmonica players (amateur, advanced, professional, and harmonica artists). The Harmonica Educator is dedicated to the advancement of harmonica education, and this publication expands knowledge of harmonica teaching and playing. The news, features, and departments in The Harmonica Educator publication will be of interest and value to those readers involved in all phases of harmonica teaching (e.g., harmonica educators), and to those readers at all levels of harmonica playing proficiency (e.g., players at the beginning, intermediate, advanced, master, and professional level). The Harmonica Educator is the only periodical that publishes multi part music scores for harmonica ensembles.

The Harmonica Educator publication is mailed, 4 times a year. The current Winter 2005 issue has 77 pages.

The columns published in The Harmonica Educator issues are:

A column for articles: Various musical and harmonica related articles.

Performance Skills for Diatonic and Chromatic Harmonicas column. (While the majority of the columns are for music readers, this column is for the non-music readers of the diatonic harmonica. In the future, there may be writers for the chromatic harmonica and the blues styles of playing.

     LynnAnn Hyde writes a column about diatonic harmonica players.

     Steve Shaw (UK) writes a column called, “Traditional Irish Music and the Diatonic Harmonica.”

Beginning and Intermediate Level Chromatic Harmonica Players column.

Beginning and Intermediate Level Bass Harmonica Column.

Advanced Level Harmonica Players column.

Scales, Intervals, Rhythms, Arpeggios, and Exercises for Chromatic Harmonica and Bass Harmonica column.

Duets, Trios, and Quartets for Harmonica Ensemble column. This column is used by harmonica teachers to introduce students to ensemble playing.

The 48-Chord Harmonica: Chord Substitutions for Written Chords column.

Golden Oldies for Harmonica Ensembles column.

Hymns for Harmonica Ensembles column.

Christmas Music for Harmonica Ensembles column. This music is published in each Fall issue of the publication.

Light Classics for Harmonica Ensembles column.

The World of Jazz column. (Writer is the German Jazz Harmonica Artist, Jens Bunge).

Compact Discs column.

Also, any other column is published that I feel would be of interest to the readers. Also, there are a number of guest writers. Periodically, there are new columns published in the new issues of the publication.

Richard Martin
Editor & Publisher
The Harmonica Educator
email--