[Harp-L] So do pro harp players still have to buy their harps(!)?

Hi folks,
Have read a bit here lately about which harps pro players use or dislike or
recommend.
So do these top players like Piazza, Wilson, deLay etc etc still go into
stores (or whatever)
and purchase their harps over the counter? Having checked out the long list
of harp players
on the Hohner website ( http://www.hohnerusa.com/artists.shtml ) I always
thought these
top players got sponsored and therefore given harps to play thus promoting
the harp company.
You know like, you scratch my back and I'll play your harp.

Or is there a difference between pro and sponsored harp players?

Still curious,
Nate
(Not that I'm even thinking of going pro)
--
Blues is a Story - Let Me Tell Yours!
http://www.communityradio.co.nz/index.asp?PageID=2145835508