Re: [Harp-L] re: watch it and weep

Interesting how different people perceive music. Can he play? Yes. Did I enjoy listening to that? No, I thought it was awful. Too fast and busy, when it was finished there was no tune lingering in my head. I could appreciate the time that he must have spent in the woodshed, but to me it was not good music at all. Might just be my lack of sophistication, and I must disclose that I can only tolerate lightning riffs in very small doses.

I hope that I don't come across as a curmudgeon, but demonstrations of skilled accomplishment may not be examples of good music. I think that that applies to the harmonica. Perhaps my reaction to that guitar piece is the same as the reaction that so many harp players have to the harp player who's name shall remain unspoken.

Peace and music,
Dave