Re: [Harp-L] Behringer DSP1142 Feedback Destroyer

I believe that the Behringer DSP1142 has been discontinued and replaced by the FBQ2496.

I have had a Behringer FBQ2496 in the shop for about 2 weeks now. It took me a while to figure it out. Lots of features!

The manual says that It is not intended to go directly between a microphone and an amplifier, as a harp player might try to use it, as it requires some considerable pre-amplification. This might be where so many users stumble.

Behringer, in their instruction manual, advises using a different model, the "Shark" with a built in pre-amp.

Nevertheless I've been playing it, using the microphone pre-amp in mixing board with the gain set just below clip, in a set up with a 40 watt Pignose amp..

It works wonders. I can crank the Pignose up and drive it as hard as I want and stand a few feet in front of it.

Fun to watch it work with the LEDs as it tracks the ringing and see it kill the "peakiness" by setting the gain just below the feedback. I can get lots lots of crunch with not a trace of muddiness.

The Other Wayne