[Harp-L] Re: www.hohner.eu

Hi Vern,

On 3/28/06, Vern Smith <jevern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > www.hohner.eu
>
> I visited that web site.  I am particularly interested in the 270 "Deluxe".
> I was disappointed to see that it has a wooden comb.  Do the screws go
> through to the opposite reedplate or cover?

Yes.

> Does Hohner still hand-sand the
> front surface of the comb and plates after assembly,  making the dimensions
> of every comb unique?

Yes.

> Is the slide assembly different from the previous 270 design.  If so, how?

The slide assembly is the one you know from the 270, with two extra features:

   * round holes,
   * slide assembly can be mounted "lefty".

> Farrell's plastic comb design demonstrated the advantages of screwing the
> covers and plates to the comb and not to the opposite cover or plate.

Right. Let's leave that for a future project. It is also a
cost/benefit question to be analysed from a general point of view,
which is often different than the players pov.

Sorry for the shor answers, busy at the fair.
F.