[Harp-L] Modes and roads

At 06:05 AM 3/31/2006, Ruchard Hunter wrote:
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Modes, was 3rd Position Tunes

I'll start by noting what a relief it is to be able to talk about stuff
like this without everybody (including me) going berserk.  This list has
certainly become a very nice place to visit. . .
I agree, and I don't get one silly millimeter of the stuff about modes, man, I'm still trying to figure out how to play honest blues in 2nd position.

Harp-L feels like a bus we're all ridin' on, where some of the riders are intensely fascinated by the motor, others the transmission or suspension, some are focused on a map, others are re-designing the GPS, some (like me) just stare out the window and listen to the crazy and often genius conversation, catching gems of info - and great music - here and there.

And I think everyone digs most of the views and the many different places we get to visit (vampire castles and Magic Sam?!), even if some of us don't fully appreciate the finer technical points being pointed out to our pointy heads. So when point-to-point circles of fifth modalities with tweed caps and left-handed harps all go right past my muddled mind, I still get plenty out of it, even if I get pissy and rant occasionally, or go cross-eyed at the arcana. The point is, I enjoy the trip mightily.

Thanks for the confusion, and Good Driving, Listmeisters! (PS: a quiz: is the bus a simile, metaphor or analogy?)

Dave Fertig
http://elmtreeblues.org/