[Harp-L] Re: What about a repertoire for the Melody Maker

Well, I only have one Melody Maker - in G. I use it to play songs (mostly hymns) that happen to be written in G. That way, I can play as if I was holding a C harp and read as if the music was in C and it pretty much just works, e.g. written F is really F# but normal F is 5-draw which is really F# on the MM. You get more bends than playing on a normal G harp and don't have to transpose in my head (I'm still not very good at that.) You have to be a little careful, e.g. 3-blow is A, but that's easier than trying to hit a 3-double-draw anyway.

Jim Hanks