re: [Harp-L] Stage Fright

> I agree.  i usually try to channel the nervs by building my confidence. Here's a few things i do to build it up; be
prepared, have a set list. you don't have to stick to it like clockwork, but it's good to have as a tool. check your
harps before you perform make sure there aren't any stuck notes have a couple of back ups especiallly for the popular
keys, make sure you did a sound check so you are confident in the sound that you will have, and my most important one is
visualize your performance prior to performing see yourself kickin butt getting the crowd going, athletes do it to
improve their performance, why not musicians.  The more confidence you have the the more relaxed you will be. think
about how great you sound when you're practicing by yourself. the more relaxed you are the more you'll remember licks
positions the more ideas you'll get improvising. relax your shoulders and tell yourself "you're the man!" (or woman)
remember there is a diference between confidence and arrogance.  Arrogance is usually a lack of confidence trying to
prove to everyone else that you're confident.  Let the poeple tell you how good you are you don't need to tell them.
Hope this helps also stage fright is part of the adrenaline rush enjoy it and hope you never loose it.  and go out and
see other performers people at or above your level sit back and enjoy the show from the audiences perspective.  Support
other artists we have to stick toghether remember harp players love other harp players cause no one else knows what the
hell we're talking about.