[Harp-L] Re: Getting over stage fright

A good friend and fine local pro once told me this, it helps a bit for some:

He said: Consider there's a brick wall between you and the audience, and each time you get on stage you take a brick off. The wall varies from time to time, as do the brick sizes, so just keep on getting on stage whenever you can. Eventually, the wall is gone and you're in a room (usually) with friends.

I'm also reminded of seeing Canned Heat in like, '67 or '68, the harp player (Al Wilson I suppose) simply walked behind the speaker stacks and played out of sight from the audience. Sometimes I feel like doing that, but no more 8-foot-tall speaker stacks these days to go hide behind! (almost, anyway, and thank goodness!)

-Dave Fertig